Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wish List Wednesday

It's Wednesday again! Time for another item on my long, long wish list.

For the past few months, I have been thinking about buying a new camera. Not just any point and shoot camera but a NICE camera that takes awesome pictures. The kind of camera that you change lenses and push a bunch of buttons to get that perfect picture. Do I know how to use such a camera you ask? Nope, I don't but I would love to try to learn how. I really like taking pictures but haven't had much luck with the end results.

===================
I'd like to interrupt this post with a crazy woman type confession. When I went to Hawaii, I took over 3,000 pictures (crazy woman confession 1). OVER 3,000 PICTURES! I bought a color printer and enough photo paper to print them ALL out (crazy woman confession 2). Unfortunately, when I started to print some of them, they looked horrible! The sand was green and grass was brown. Not pretty.
===================

Anyway, back to the wish list post. So, since we are going to go to Hawaii next year and I want to have pictures that I can show people, I want to buy a new camera. So, I have my eye on this pretty little thing.


Oh, isn't she beautiful! This is a Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera. It has an 18.0 megapixel CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for awesome quality pictures. It also has 1080 HD video capture technology. There are also a bunch of other features and technical stuff that I am clueless about. ISO 100-6400 (expandable to 12800). Huh? Enhanced 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system, and 9-point AF system. Huh? I'm just starting my research, so I need to educate myself on what all this means before I make any purchase.

Now, for the not so nice part. This camera, for the body only, is selling for $799.99 at Amazon. Holy crap! Now, I know this price is not even close to how expensive cameras can get but I don't think I have spent more than $200 for a camera before. So, this is really expensive to me. And, this doesn't even include any lenses, extra batteries, memory cards, carrying case, etc. By the time all is said and done, we are looking at closer to $2,000-$3,000. YIKES! If I were to purchase something like this, it better last for 40 years!

I think it's time to start saving up for it. Oh, it's so pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment