Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Bird Man and the Photographer

I like to get away from the office during my lunch hour so I normally drive down to one of the parks by the lake to relax. While there, I like to listen to the radio, daydream, and just soak in my surroundings. I also enjoy watching the numerous geese, pigeons and ducks flying around and diving for food. However, my favorite thing to do is watch people. Not in a crazy stalker, weird way, mind you, but I find people fascinating to watch and have seen some pretty interesting things.

A few days ago, I was sitting in my car and out of the corner of my eye, I could see a guy get out of his truck, walk towards the water, and then get back in his truck. Well, after about the sixth time doing this, I finally looked over at him. As he was getting back into his truck, I noticed he had a pigeon on his shoulder. Huh?


Why did this guy have a pigeon on his shoulder and why did he then get back in his truck with it? So, this piqued my curiosity and I kept watching. He continued to just sit there with the pigeon inside the truck. About ten minutes later, another car drove into the parking lot and parked close to this bird man. A woman got out of the car, walked up to this guy in the truck, and started taking pictures of him. She must have taken about 30 pictures of this guy and the pigeon. Then, she just walked away, got back into her car, and drove away.


What in the world? Maybe this sort of thing goes on all the time and I'm just not aware of it but I just thought this was odd.

Unfortunately, by this time I had to get back to work so I had to leave. Darn it! I really wanted to stick around to see if this guy drove away with the bird. I REALLY did.

(The next People Watching post will include a man in his underwear standing next to my car door. I'm not making it up, honestly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment