Saturday, March 13, 2010

Childhood Memories

I loved playing with toys as a child. When I think back, I remember that I had my favorites. One of those favorites were Flatsy dolls.

Flatsy dolls were flat plastic dolls that were made from 1969 to about 1973. The bodies had wires in them so that they could be posed in different ways. Unfortunately, if you bent them too much, you would end up with wires poking out of their ankles or hands. Oops! (All of mine ended up that way eventually and their shoes were always the first accessory that I would lose. Darn it!) I loved the fact that they had wild hair colors (pink, yellow, blue, green, etc.) and stylish outfits. Each were sold with a frame that had some sort of theme, and would normally include a few accessories. These are some of the ones that I had:


Bonnie Flatsy

Dewie Flatsy

Filly Flatsy

Nancy Flatsy

Casey Flatsy

I never really liked the last one, Casey. I always thought he was kind of creepy looking, although I thought BOYS were kind of creepy at that age. To me, he looked like a girl with short, pumpkin colored hair. Not my thing, just saying.

The Flatsy dolls from my childhood are ripped to shreds neatly packed away but a few years ago I purchased a few from Ebay. I'm glad I did because a recent search showed some of these were selling for almost $200. Yikes! (Note to self: Need to buy a television, sell my Flatsy dolls. Just kidding, never ever!!) I think I paid a rather insane decent amount for the ones I purchased but not anywhere near that price!

Things have certainly changed over the years as far as toys go. It's interesting looking back and remembering how toys that didn't make a noise, have batteries, or blinking lights could entertain me for so many hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment