Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday will be a weekly post about things on my wish list. There will be a variety of items that range from really cheap to there is no way I will ever have that. So, it's part wish list, part dream list.

The first item on my wish list is this:


This is a Kindle Wireless Reading device that can be found at Amazon. This one has a 6" diagonal screen and can hold 1,500 books. It is currently selling for $259.00. They also have a newer version with a 9.7" diagonal screen, which can hold 3,500 books. This one has a much higher price at $489.00. You can then purchase books and audio books, in addition to subscriptions to newspapers, magazines, and blogs. There's a lot more technical mumble jumble that I won't tell you about because I'll sound like an idiot.

I love this. I have a thing for gadgets and this would be awesome to have, especially when traveling. The only problem is that I haven't read a book in years. Yes, people you read that correctly. Then, why in the world would you even be thinking about buying this you ask? Well, I love reading books. I used to read every single night, sometimes for several hours at a time. However, I have become a television and computer junky. I now find myself having way too many shows to watch and too much to look at online to even have time to crack open a book. I have had the same book sitting on my nightstand for about three years now and I don't think I have gotten past Chapter 2. Pathetic! So, if I were to purchase this, I would actually have to make time to read. That would probably be a good thing.

Anybody out there have one and care to share if you love it or hate it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the whole being in love with the Kindle despite not... actually... reading many books anymore either. The first raving I heard about Kindle was from the xkcd blog where Randall Munroe is apparently a big fan of it: http://blog.xkcd.com/2009/02/25/kindle-2/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying a Kindle when you're a sporadic reader does sound a little silly doesn't it? I figure if I spend all that money for one of these, I would be more inspired.

    Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete