Thursday, March 18, 2010

Excuse Me, Officer

Dear Mr. Officer,

I saw you behind me even though you were driving in an undercover car. Sneaky, sneaky but I saw you! I hope you noticed that when the light turned green, I didn't take off like a maniac and I continued to drive the speed limit. I did that for you, you know, even though I was probably annoying the long line of cars behind me.


I then saw you get into the other lane and thought that maybe you were going to turn off the road. But you didn't do that, did you? Nope, instead you passed me on by. However, I noticed you passed by me pretty darn quickly. Huh, if I was going the speed limit, how come you were flying by me really fast? Oh, I know, YOU WERE SPEEDING Mr. Officer. Yes, you certainly were. I must have missed the sign.


Well, since everyone else was keeping up with your speed, I decided I would too. I didn't want to be the odd man out, you know. Huh, interesting. I noticed my car was now going 15 miles an hour OVER the speed limit just to keep up with YOU and everyone else. Hmm, very interesting indeed.

I wonder if you are the same one who handed me two speeding tickets a few years ago on this very road.

Signed Confused and Not Amused,


Trivial Chatterer

(Note: No squirrels were in danger at the time of this incident. This is not a residential road. It's a mile long extension to the beginning of a freeway. It's quite silly that the speed limit is only 40 and you will rarely find someone driving under 50. Speeding is bad, very, very, bad and I am in no way endorsing it.)

2 comments:

  1. How funny is that sign? Loved the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grandma J! I got a kick out of the sign too. I think it would be awesome if they were used on some roads. It would be either really scarey or really FUN!

    ReplyDelete