Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Word of the Day - Gormandize

I thought that I would try to throw in something educational for a change. We can all learn something new today. For those of you who are already aware of this word, just play along smarty pants.

Gormandize - [v. gawr-muhn-dahyz] to eat greedily or ravenously

I really like this word as it describes me perfectly with certain foods. For instance:

  • I gormandize ice cream, especially mint chocolate chip, which gives me an instant brain freeze. However, it is so worth the pain!
  • I gormandize Skittles, M&Ms, and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Unfortunately, a tummy ache follows shortly after. Again, so worth the pain!
  • I gormandize pizza, my favorite food, especially if it has extra cheese and little pieces of bacon on it. Yummy!

On the other hand:

  • I do not gormandize sauerkraut, herring, or pig's feet, as I would rather wash my eyes with pepper juice than get anywhere near those foods.

It's a good thing I went grocery shopping yesterday. Three large bags and Wild Berry to boot. Perfect!


 -------------

No comments:

Post a Comment